A good movie...haven't read the book

What do you ladies think about "Memoirs Of A Geisha" I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Also I just finished watching "The Mist" Has anyone seen it and what do u think about it?

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 9:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• I liked 'Memoirs of a Geisha' but not enough to read the book. The subject matter doesn't particularly interest me. I didn't like 'The Mist' at all. The short story by Stephen King is much better.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The short story by Stephen King is much better than the movie. The movie just pissed me off. I also didn't read the memiors book, but saw the movie; I thought it was just okay.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 9:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I liked the geisha movie but like ginger said, not enough to read the book. I don't particularly like Stephen King's work so will pass on The Mist.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have not seen the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. I did read the book and it was excellent. It is told from inside her head and it's excellent.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I had mixed feelings about the Mist. I thought it was pretty good - until my "Mommy senses" started tingling part way through. Then I went online and found a summary of the movie's plot. Once I saw how it ended, I stopped watching.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I read Memoirs a long time ago. It was so good! I hate watching books made into movies...they're never as good as the book.
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 1:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• In my experience, the book is always better than the movie.
    mamahoney400

Answer by mamahoney400 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't like movies as well after I read the books except the notebook... that movie is soooo romantic no matter what
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I always read the book before seeing the movie. The movie sometimes is disappointing but not always. The only time I made an exception was for "The Mist." My husband just brought it home from the rental store one day. I got so mad about the ending. I hated it. I won't watch another movie again without reading the book first. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• lol...im not a reader im a watcher most of the time...
    MiMiBreezy

Answer by MiMiBreezy at 12:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009