DID YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF THIS?

In politics, the word PROGRESSIVE means socialism. Mr. Obama uses it all of the time:

American progressives tend to support interventionist economics: they advocate income redistribution[citation needed], and they oppose the growing influence of corporations. Progressives are in agreement on an international scale with left-liberalism in that they support organized labor and trade unions, they usually wish to introduce a living wage, and they often support the creation of a universal health care system.
From Wikipedia.
Did you know what the word PROGRESSIVE means in American politics?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 9:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• very very interesting. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• This is very interesting......I will be interested in the responses you get.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• oh lord here you go again with trying to start something involving Obama..doing it on the DL...

Anonymous

• Hey the root word of community (organizer) is commune. Thanks Rush.
    Anonymous

• I did forget to add that I support unions. I have had steel workers, laborers, heavy equipment operators in the family in the past and currently a coal miner. The jobs have been made safer because of the unions and their safety demands.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• pro·gres·sive (pr-grsv) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Moving forward; advancing.
    Proceeding in steps; continuing steadily by increments: progressive change.
    Promoting or favoring progress toward better conditions or new policies, ideas, or methods: a progressive politician; progressive business leadership.
    Progressive Of or relating to a Progressive Party: the Progressive platform of 1924.
    Of or relating to progressive education: a progressive school.
    Increasing in rate as the taxable amount increases: a progressive income tax.
    Pathology Tending to become more severe or wider in scope: progressive paralysis.
    Grammar Designating a verb form that expresses an action or condition in progress.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Pathetic attempt.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have Progressive car insurance - does that count? LOL
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If it's anything to do with Zero, I'm against it, so that does not make me progressive right?
    And yes, I still wish great failure upon him.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• President Obama IS a Progressive and he WAS elected BY the PEOPLE to move us FORWARD

Progressive-Moving forward; advancing. Proceeding in steps; continuing steadily by increments: progressive change. Promoting or favoring progress toward better conditions or new policies, ideas, or methods: a progressive politician; progressive business leadership. Progressive Of or relating to a Progressive Party: the Progressive platform of 1924. Of or relating to progressive education: a progressive school. Increasing in rate as the taxable amount increases: a progressive income tax.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2009