how to discipline your baby

my 13 month old son is a screamer and has a temper.how can i show him i am the boss (without doing the old school let him cry forever for days till he sees crying is not tolerated)?

mom2julian

Asked by mom2julian at 9:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I thought that was normal.....
    Anonymous

• My daughter would scream and throw herself backwards on my wood floors. I started putting her in timeout and let her scream there. Once she was quiet for about 10-15 seconds, timeout would be over. Give lots of hugs and kisses. It did not take long for he to figure out that she needed to be quiet in order to get out of the timeout. It worked for me and I really don't have that problem anymore.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 9:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Be consistant - in whatever you decide!! my son is 15-1/2 months old - my first child also so most of the time I don't know what I am doing - but he's a temper kid too and I let him throw them to get it out of his system and he always ends up playing with something if I don't give him the atttention he is seeking for - when he does throw them, its because I am not givnig him his way to something he wants to do - so... once his mind and attention is on to something else -he's fine - it just takes time and pateinece to be able to listen to that heart holding cry.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I use my time-out spot for "calm down" time too. I don't punish my daughter for displaying her unhappiness or for throwing a tantrum but I don't tolerate it either. She can throw a fit but she must do it in her time out spot.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2009