getting baby to sleep in crib

my 13 month old son sleeps with me and is used to me putting him completely to sleep.i need advice on how to get him back in his crib, and for him to learn to fall asleep on his own.

mom2julian

Asked by mom2julian at 9:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think this will be an overnight success but there are plenty of methods you can try - depending on what you feel most comfortable with - personally, I did not birth a snuggler so I HAD to use the cry it out method - in fact - I truly think he hates to sleep so at almost 16 months old,he still crys himself to sleep/nap - anyway - there's no "easy" way but there are many different types of efforts
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i wish I knew. I am in the same place right now. . i will not let my son CIO (& im NOT insulting anyone who chooses too. . it just wouldn't work for us). . .we're trying to ease him into it. . .But I am searching for tips too.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Unfortunately there is no easy was about it. I thought that I wouldn't/couldn't let my son cry it out because it was emotionally hard on me and my son until I had no other choice. It took about a week and he was putting himself to sleep and didn't cry for me in the middle of the night when he woke up. Babies are always going to cry to get what they want and since they can't always make the right decisions for them self, we do it for them. You gradually do it extending the time you let them cry and you can tell the difference between a distressed cry and a tierd cry. Good Luck!
    Anonymous