Have you given your baby Earth's Best teething biscuits?

If so how old were they? Did they do alright with chewing them? Any problems with choking? I was thinking about buying some for my daughter to try.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is a choker - at 15-1/2 months he still chokes on everything but he did like those- yes, he choked on them but he also chokes on everything -I only gave them to him in his highchair where I am right there in case something happens but he liked the taste of them - he is fed 90% organic so there are some things he won't eat but those he did! just buy one box - and see if she will like them -its all trial and error from here mommy.. haha
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My son is about 6 1/2 months and I just started giving him the EB biscuits. He basically sucks on the cookie ... and I just keep an eye on him to make sure he's ok. So far, so good ....
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I don't use those because of all of the additives but I did start giving my son Baby Mum Mum teething biscuits when he was five monthes old.
    Anonymous

• what type of additives are in earths best organic that concern you? Not a slam, just very curious for my son's sake
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would NOT suggest biscuits... my son was 6 months when we tried one and he almost choked! The pediatrician said he wouldn't give biscuits to his children either...they get very soft and big chunks come off in your child's mouth. My son is now almost 11 months and a great alternative is the Gerber puffs..they melt quickly in the mouth and come in many varieties. good luck :)

you may want to check this out, it is great for new moms :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxYwrP-IBs

blakesma

Answer by blakesma at 10:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My dd is 8 1/2 months old, and does great with all sorts of finger foods- baby mum mum crackers, cheerios, small pieces of soft fruit- but chokes on the EB teething biscuits- they break off in too big of chunks- I don't recommend them- it seems common for babies to have problems with them.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 11:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh, and she also does great with Zwiebeck toast.
    kynziesmom

• My DD starting eating Biter (not Bitter lol) Biscuits when she was about 6 months, but she's not really a choker. We do watch her closely, but she does pretty good. Now she's 9 months and chews everything (almost) but she didn't like the Earth's Best biscuits. I don't know if it was the taste or the texture, but she won't eat em. Good luck.
    first-one

Answer by first-one at 11:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I tried EB teething biscuits with my daughter and she broke them into pieces too easily. She would just bite down and snap them in half. The chunks would be too small to hold but too big to swallow. Sooo.. idk, they didnt work for us! Also alot of them would be broken into 2 or more pieces when I bought them, so lots got wasted.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 11:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009