What is the best way to potty train my 21 month.

We started her on the potty since she was 15 months, but she has reverted to screaming and hollering when it comes time to potty. I think I may go to pull ups on a permanent basis in lieu of both pampers and pull ups. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

GabbysMom0530

Asked by GabbysMom0530 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd back off for a bit. Try buying some toys from the dollar store and with out telling her ahead of time ever, suddenly when she's pottyied when ever give her a prize, different stickers to hold or a dollar toy. Don't keep harping on it though cause she's still a baby in her body though you might think in other ways she's grown up.
    Anonymous

• I think this is a perfect age to potty train, and a good time to try the 3-day potty training method. (it can be hard when they get older). There's a lot of information on the "potty training moms" discussion board on Cafe Mom. An especially useful post by Andrewsmom where she journals the process. It worked very well for us at 19 months. For this method, you don't use pull-ups. It communicates clear expectations to your child and gets them to take responsibility in the process (and avoids the issue of resisting being made to sit there).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2009