should i be worried?

My dh has a friend that when she talks about dating or if she gets upset and won't talk to him, he gets very depressed and shuts me out. I can't understand what the problem is, if they are just friends why is it such a huge deal if she doesn't want to talk to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• There is something seriously wrong here. He should NOT have this kind of relationship with another woman. You need to have a serious discussion with him and possibly get some marriage counseling.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My husband had the same relationship with another woman. I should have had that serious discussion with him WITH A COUNSELLOR not between him and I alone as i did. If you go to a counsellor it's more clear to our stupid husbands that their garbage is serious and its' gotta stop. Don't just talk with him, talk with him and a marriage counsellor at the same time. Trust me he won't listen to you alone if he's pulling this on you.
    Anonymous

• It sends red flags up my flagpole. His emotional attatchment to this other 'friend' is inappropriate as far as I'm concerned.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• From what you said/typed that sounds very odd to me and honestly I would be worried. I don't think this relationship sounds appropriate. If he shuts you out because she shut him out that is just WRONG. I would be doing some very serious discussing with him. I don't think another woman should have that much influence on your marriage. You should be the one he wants to talk to. Having friends to talk to is fine but this really sounds like it is crossing a line.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• That's not normal. That sounds like a relationship/marriage how they act with each other..
    She gets upset and won't talk to him? That really sounds like something a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND would do, not a friend. What does she even get upset about?
    And the way he reacts with her sounds like he is her boyfriend/husband..Not normal at all.
    Are you sure they're just friends?
    Anonymous

• ...what they said.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Having an emotional relationship with someone is still considered cheating..
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• perhaps she's his soulmate and no soulmates don't have to be romantically involved. They can be bonded by friendship and when that bond is broken it upsets him. I'm sure as his wife that isn't a comfort but it's a possibility. That doesn't mean he's in love with her or anything like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Are you that naive?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• why the hell r u letting ur husband be friends with this women? he shoulnt be that close to one unless its u or his mama. u need to put ur foot down girl. increase ur value, and let him know u deserve better then that. if u dont think u deserve better then its over for u.
    baby-cakes

Answer by baby-cakes at 9:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2009