need advice asap!!!!!!

Ok so i had puppies 8 weeks ago, they all left for permanent homes today. I cleaned the whelping room where they have been living and had to lift some tiles from the floor and need to replace them. Well the urine has been trapped under there so it smelled to high heaven and i turned a fan on to dry it out. My question is can the smell from the trapped urine that is now released harm my 8 month old? Like good grief does it stink and i know that will go away but i want to make sure that none of natural.. "chemicals" for lack of a better word will harm my DD? I need to know quick so i can find somewhere to go if thats the case i thought about calling her dr but i dont wanna bother him for something like this? please help quick

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cleaning chemicals ARE a problem... do not worry about the urine smell.
    babychop

Answer by babychop at 10:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• we are not cleaning it until tomorrow......
    Anonymous

• Keep a window open in the room. I'd ask the pediatrician before letting the child be around the smell. Set a bowl of vinegar in the room, that might help. and wipe up the area with vinegar.

Answer by Bmat at 10:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• so should i stay at my moms
    Anonymous

• I googled it and I didn't find anything sayng that it can be harmful. I'd say its okay. Just keep her as far away as possible.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• HI mommy - call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center - they will likely know the answer or at least give you a number to call - its toll free 1-888-426-4435
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would take her to your mom's while you clean up then spend the night over there.
    Anonymous

• oops "him"
    Anonymous

• I don't think the "odor" will harm your child. It may be unpleasant but not harmful. Go to Wal-Mart or a pet store and get a product called OUT! in a white spray bottle with a pink sprayer. This product removes odors by a unique process. It actually eats the bacteria etc. that is causing the odor rather than covering it up. Spray on, let it soak in, and as it dries the odor is removed. It works great and you can use it in laundry to remove odors and remove stains too.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You had PUPPIES??? Wow!!
    Anonymous