Cereal?

NO BASHING. How many of you put cereal in you bottles? And when did you start? And how much and when did you do it? Im just thinking about it cuz my lil one isnt being satisifed anymore, and I was also told it will help with her not to spit up so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why not try just feeding your baby cereal with a spoon?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• She is three months and your not supposd to until 4 months. I know the docs say never to put cereal in the bottles. but everyone in my family always has. I know that means that I dont have to. But they keep encouraging it and how it helped out.
    Anonymous

• I feed my 4 month old son cereal mixed with a 1st Foods fruit during dinner time. It doesn't help him sleep better, because he's always slept through the night, but I felt bad at dinner when he was always staring at us eating. lol. My mom used to put the cereal in our bottles though. At around 2 months I think. I don't think it would hurt. My son's been eating cereal for almost a month now.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 11:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My mom always put cereal in our bottles to help us sleep longer at night. I did the same thing with my daughter when she was 2 months old because she was spitting up a lot. It helped and yes, I have had people tell me not to. I even had my daycare tell me that they have never put cereal in a bottle. I started with 1 scoop of cereal to 4 ounces of formula and then increased it to 2 scoops when she was 4 months old. For those Bashers out there, my doctor was aware of what I was doing :)
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 11:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• 1st off. Doctors pretty much go on an average for food. When my daughter was about 3 months old we started adding cereal to her formula and actually my doctor told me to do it. But she still seemed to be hungry all the time. So we switched it up we started giving her bananas chopped up and those little infant cereals that pretty much disolve in their mouths. They don't have the chewing thing going for them so pick things that are easier to get down.With kids you kinda have to watch them. Like I said doctors go by averages and you can follow them if you choose. I learned early on that the best option is to let the child's actions decide what is best for them. They are more likely to not follow some statistic. Just use your best judgement. :)
    leigh_christi

Answer by leigh_christi at 11:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I started at about 2 1/2 months and stoped when I started cereal in a bowl. I would do about 1 tablespoon for a 4oz bottle.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If you MUST use cereal, use a freaking spoon.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• With my oldest I started at 2 months. I would only do one cereal bottle a day and use like 1-2 tablespoons. I did it due to his reflux though and we soon switched to a spoon.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You should call your baby's doctor explain that your little one isn't satisfied with just bottles anymore, and ask what he/she would recommed. That would be the safest bet.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009