poops

My baby got sick once yesterday and had the poops twice today. Hes three months old. Should I do pedilite, or just wait to give it to him if he stops having wet diapers. It wasnt a lot when he pooped, just really watery and leaked out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd call the doctor on call for wherever you take him and ask.

Anonymous

• I would also have to say to call the doc. Ya don't want to try someone's advice on here who hasn't seen your son (medical wise) and maybe do harm.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 11:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Why does he have the poops? Stomach virus? Running a fever? At 3 mo., it is possible he is teething (drooling, biting everything?) which can sometimes cause mild cases of the poops. I wouldn't do pedialyte unless directed by a doctor. If you're concerned call your doc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have been bothering his doc all week cuz last sun he had a low grade fever and then again on wednesday. Hes been drooling like crazy and always eating his hands or whatever he can get in there. Hes been spitting up a lot more too. He hasnt had a fever since wed. But spit up very large amounts twice yesterday and had really runny poo once or twice today. Not positive on the first one cuz I was at work. So idk if its maybe a mixture of both or what. ON thursday he seen the doc and they said he was fine. And I talked to the on call doc yesterday after the large spit ups. Kinda like vommit but it wasnt really projectial. Hes just been fussy and not quite himself this week. Just worries me. Im a first time mom. so yeah. Hes three months so idk if he would be teething this soon.
    Anonymous