flying while pregnant

Ok Im 28 wks preg. I an looking at flying home in 1 month exactly to see my family and get the SUV my mom is giving me and my DH. The plane ride is 3 hours long. I looked on the airline website and it said those expecting to deliver with in 7-14 days will not be alloud to fly. I havent had any complications during my pregnancy and everytime i go to the dr for a check up everything is normal. Should I be concerned about flying? Im going to talk to my dr about it and see what she says and get the note if i get the ok. And then have a dr apt as soon as I get home ( the next day) get the check up. I guess what Im asking is do you mommas know when its not of to fly and your opinions about it.

marinesweetie

Asked by marinesweetie at 10:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are having a normal, healthy pregnancy, there is no reason you can't fly at that point. It is a good idea to get a note from your doctor giving you permission a day or two before your flight. You may also want to carry a copy of your prenatal records with you, and scout out local hospitals at your destination (and check to see if they accept your insurance), just so you are ready in case of an emergency. Make sure you get up and walk around on the plane and at the airport to prevent blood clots, and drink plenty of water. Don't be afraid to pull the pregnant-card and bug the flight attendants for water or whatever you need.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Also check with your insurance. They might need you to have a special form letter from you Dr just in case something does happen and you don't get stuck with the bill.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i dont know if its ok in a month from now..i dont remember flying any later than about 28 wks..but that was me personally making the decision not go to..just wanted to stay close to home in case it did happen.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You are not supposed to fly or go long distances after I think 36 weeks. I had to hurry up and go home and get what i needed and get back up here (I was 36 weeks on the dot). I would take it easy and you should be fine just as long as you don't stress yourself out.
    rubygirllv

Answer by rubygirllv at 4:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2009