Koolaid?? (NO BASHING)

Ok so I am wondering if I could give my 7 month old about two oz of koolaid? she gets two oz of juice a day, but she gets two feedings a day. What are your opinions and PLEASE be nice, I am just wondering and will ask the dr on tuesday and I have not given her any so there is no reason to bash or be mean.

Stickybean08

Asked by Stickybean08 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not trying to bash, but I don't know why you would want to give your child koolaid. It's high in sugar, and has absolutely no nutritional value. I would guess that your pedi is going to tell you the same thing, and be opposed to the idea. Why not just give juice? There is really no need for babies to drink anything besides breastmilk or formula anyway- even juice and water are unnecessary.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 11:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would wait until first birthday. And just give it occasionally as a treat.
    Anonymous

• I have a 2-year-old. When she was about 6 months old I asked my aunt, she is a nurse, the same question and said that it is fine in moderation. Water it down though. She said about 1/2. so if you give the child 2 oz. make 1 oz koolaid and 1 oz water. It makes it easier for their tiny tummies to deal with. :)
    leigh_christi

Answer by leigh_christi at 11:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Why give your child all that sugar? We've never even done juice at our house. Kids don't need all that junk. Milk, water, and sugar free drinks is all we allow.
    Anonymous

• Why is your baby only having 2 feedings a day? As for the koolaid thing, thats a lot of sugar that isnt necessary.

Anonymous

• I would say to wait closer to a year old. I dont think it would hurt her, but its a lot of extra sugar, so once in a while should be fine But I would prolly try to wait.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• TOO MUCH SUGAR! white grape juice or water would be best..and she also too young.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Anon, I think she means solids lol.. I would hope she was nursing/formula feeding more than just twice a day.

Anywho: I wouldn't do it. She should only be getting 100 percent juice diluted. There is far too much sugar, and other gross junk in Koolaid that a 7 month old should NOT have. Hell, my two year old RARELY gets it and it's only when she steals sips from her father.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I personally wouldn't give them koolaid. Just because of the sugar content...and I don't think I would start them on juice that early either. But talk to your doctor cuz there might not be anything wrong with it. If anything, they'll poop better. :)
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 11:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• yes she eats 4 or 5 bottles a day, she only has two solid feedings.
    Stickybean08

Answer by Stickybean08 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009