Is this bad?

My son was playing with a baby doll at my friend's and DH said no no we play with boy stuff. I told him it's ok for boys to play with baby dolls. Do you agree boys can play with a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my son will play with my purses..and tennis shoes...(hahaha he tried my heels once and the dh was like "oh no...cant let u do that one".... and if i am putting on deodrant or chapstick he will want some and i let him...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Boys that play with dolls and play house with the girls grow up to be DADs instead of just fathers.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It is wonderful for boys to play with dolls. It is not so wonderful to tell boys that they are doing something wrong by wanting to play with certain toys, simply because they have a penis.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• well of course its ok for him to play with dolls!! my daughter who is almost 5 owns SOOOO many cars trucks motorcycles..its what she likes...so why would it be OK for a girl to play woth boy toys but not the other way around!! my nephew looooooooooves to play dressup in dresses, and getting his nails done and toenails (lol..only in clear or VERRRY light colours tho..lol) they dont know the difference!! theyre KIDS!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes ,it is perfectly fine,my brother was like that,he said he will be gay,if he plays with dolls.I think it is good for them,it teaches them about taking care of others,do they say anything if a girl plays with trucks.Tonight my neice(his daughter turned 2,he bought her a pink rifle,yes a real one.I was dying to say oh gosh ,now she will be gay,but did'nt .lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think when a boy plays with a doll he'll grow up to be a great dad not that boys that dont are bad dads. Who cares what toys a boy or girl plays with my dd plays with toy snakes and when i was little i played gi joe, cars and all the sports my brother and cousins would play. I was actually pretty good football player
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I had mentioned getting our son a doll so that we could teach our son to be gentle to babies and such. My husband about died! He said it would turn our son gay and make him a sissy! Whatever!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My daughter plays with "boy toys" and our son will definitely be exposed to "girly toys" (because my daughter is now into everything princess and dora) I don't think there's anything wrong. It's just a stereotype. Men grow up to have real babies, why not play with a toy one to learn gentleness? Girls grow up to own cars, why not let them play with one to see how it works?? It's all a stereotype. Just like that blue for boys, pink for girls crap. My daughter has A LOT of blue clothes. It doesn't make her a lesbian! lol. Your husband needs to think outside the box.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 11:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Your husbands condemnation may have the opposite affect from what he is hoping for. He could be making dolls more interesting to your son by making them forbidden. He is still young, odds are he'll tune into boy stuff on his own. It's best to just let him place and explore the world on his own. Gender roles are pretty clear with out needing that kind of direct influence.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Little boys just like little girls imitate life. If love is bestowed on him gently from males, i.e. Daddy, Uncle, Grandpa, etc, then he will show loving affection to a doll just like the girls. It's all part of learning to love and nurture back
    MamaBearGrr

Answer by MamaBearGrr at 11:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009