Working from home question?

Does anyone know any legit data entry or clerical positions that you can do from home? I see them all the time on careerbuilder and dont know what is legit or not and I am not willing to risk paying money for a start-up fee for it not to be legit. Let me know!!

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 11:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hi I was wondering if this was the only positions you were interested in? I am currently working from home and I love it. If you r interested just let me know.
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 11:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I answer questions online for ChaCha. They are a business. You go through the application process, training, and testing. You are paid a set rate for each question you answer. You can read more about it in my journal post if you want: ChaCha Is Hiring Again! Yipee! And if you have any questions feel free to ask!

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 12:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It's too hard to tell which ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I've been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'm not sure about clerical positions but this is what I do!

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hey there! Aren't you sick of the scams??? I have lost nearly $2500!!!! My experience has been that the data entry does NOT worth it - they want TOO MUCH MONEY!

I have recently found 2 new opportunities - that are so easy - and CHEAP!

~*~*~*~*~ Check them out in my JOURNAL POSTS. ~*~*~*~*~

RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Consider working for yourself -

www.DoctorsMission.com

Anonymous

• If you come across any clerical/data entry positions online that request an "application" or "start-up" fee, these are not jobs but an "opportunity" disguised as a job. If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2009