Did anyone pass out from 3 hour glucose test? what does this mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The test causes big fluctuations in your bllod sugar levels, and people who are prone to fainting might struggle with that (especially during pregnancy). When I was pregnant, I passed out if you looked at me sideways, especially when my blood sugar was out of whack, and I never had gestational diabetes or any other health problems.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I always felt like I was going to pass out early on in my pregnancy. I dont recall doing a three hour glucose test. I did a one hour one, where I had to drink the orange crap and an hour later get my blood drawn. I wouldn't worry to much, just bring it up to your doctor.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I'll tell you one thing, I hate glucola drink, and I have no intentions on drinking it again...the black drink made me sick and i through up the whole time...so forget it...I'm not having it and good luck...I never pass out.
    TheBeautyOfLife

Answer by TheBeautyOfLife at 11:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I felt like that, then I ended up throwing up in the middle of the test, i felt much better after that! ha ha .. good thing the doctors didn't make me retest:D
    Po0okiebear69

Answer by Po0okiebear69 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2009