Are Cramps Normal?

Is it normal to have cramps every 2o mins while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pretty normal, yeah. How far along are you? As long as they aren't getting closer together or more intense, and you aren't experiencing bleeding or severe pain, you're all good.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I get cramps every day. They are like period cramps... it's every day. It seems normal for me.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• well as far as i know im only 4 weeks but i dont have any more sympotoms other then cramps all over my tummy
    Anonymous

• Ah, yes, many women get cramping like that early on. The rule of thumb is that cramping is okay, and spotting is okay, but cramping/pain and spotting together is not so okay. So, what you are describing sounds unpleasant, but not a cause for panic.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The cramping is most likely your round muscles stretching in your stomach. I got them when I was pregnant and had them for prolly about a month, kinda felt like period cramps, sometimes got really bad. I went to the er for it and they told me it was just me stretching. If you are concerend you can always call the doc or get checked out. But this early if you were to miscarry there is nothing they can do to stop it. But sounds normal to me. Good luck.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You can take tyelnol if it will help. But I wouldn't recomend taking anything over the recomended dose.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I've had it with my first pregnancy and the second one that i am carrying right now...The cramps was annoying and every time I kept thinking something bad was going to happen. But it turned out to be fine. In order to feel better, I always took warm bubble baths and it helped a lot...I'm fine now...good luck!
    TheBeautyOfLife

Answer by TheBeautyOfLife at 11:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2009