How can I keep my 2 year old from sucking his two fingers before going to sleep?

calalily143

Asked by calalily143 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I never really had that problem with my little one but both of my brothers did it and so did my friends son. With one of my brothers the found something that he didn't like (it just so happened to be lemons) and put it on his fingers before he went to bed and after a few days of doing that they stopped putting it on his fingers and he wasn't sucking on them anymore. With my friends son they did the same thing but with tabasco sauce. With my youngest brother they just waited it out and he stopped on his own. :)
    leigh_christi

Answer by leigh_christi at 11:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Many kids do this, it's more common than you might think. It's just his way of calming & soothing himself. I don't think it will continue forever, that he will outgrow it soon enough. Kids don't have the same outlets we do for de-stressing, he has this one. And I looked at your profile, he is TOO CUTE! Have a great day!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009