I need really good vegetarian recipes

I belong to a Military Wives support group, and we meet every other Sunday for dinner, and each time we have a theme. Our theme for dinner next time is vegetarian. Well everyone I know is thinking they're going to just bring salad because these people are no where near vegetarians lol. I know there are tons of good recipes that don't even seem like "vegetarian" as most people would think, but can you give me your favorite vegetarian recipe? I really want to show them that veggies aren't all that boring! Thanks!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm vegetarian, and usually people bring a whole bunch of dishess with tons of cheese in them to these functions and it makes me sick eating all that cheese at once!
    A nice lentil soup would by yummy and really easy to make (you could even do it in your slow cooker), potatoes au gratin (tons of cheese, but super yummy), a veggie meat loaf (pm me if you want the recipe, I swear I've fed it to meat eaters before and they don't know the difference).. you can make lots of good stuff
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Spaghetti with chunks of portabella mushrooms.

Portabella sandwiches- grill the mushroom and serve it in a grilled roll along with lettuce and tomato.

I love Chinese food with tofu. But I don't have recipes.

Of course dishes featuring eggs. Cheese.

Answer by Bmat at 11:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• you could google recipes with quinoa, it's the best whole grain out there, and can be used in dozens of recipes. vegetarian chili is always good. anything with beans, chickpeas, tofu,etc.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2009