quick question

My daughter is almot 8 months, and her urine smell has become extremely strong. Any ideas why it would be all of a sudden??

AudreysMommy798

Asked by AudreysMommy798 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she peeing less? I wonder if she's a bit dehydrated, and so her urine is more concentrated? But I do think it was around that age that my son's pee started smelling stronger than it used to, just because he was eating and drinking a larger variety of things.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• she needs to drink more water is it real strong and smell like ammonia

RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 12:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• 8 month old babies don't need water lol..

She *could* need to drink more fluids.. how often does she nurse/get a bottle? She could be getting to many solids, not enough nourishment from breast milk/formula.

I noticed that my dd's urine started to smell a little stronger the older she got, and she got plenty of fluids all the time!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I agree with pp, she doesn't need water that young. How much juice is she drinking? You may want to cut back on that. She also could be dehydrated..how many wet diapers is she having?
    mamabens

Answer by mamabens at 12:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• offer her more water and juice,not just formula
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I DISAGREE AND FEEL WATER IS FINE TO OFFER AFTER 6 OR 7 MONTHS. MY EXCLUSIVLY BREASTFED BABIES ARE OFFERED IT DAILY. LIL ONE JUST PROBLY NEEDS MORE FULIDS. GD LUCK.
    Brown-Sugga

Answer by Brown-Sugga at 2:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2010