if you get WIC and use formula,

how many of you sell the formula? a friend of mine was telling me she gets formula for really cheap from something like craigslist. she said when she went to get it, she asked the girl how she had all of this extra formula (thinking she may get it from sam's club, costco, etc.). the girl said she gets it from WIC! when my friend told me this, it infuriated me. it is ridiculous that the government uses taxpayer money to provide women with formula, and they just turn around and sell it. wtf????

kyriesmommy13

Asked by kyriesmommy13 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• We were on WIC with our first daughter (8 years ago) and I would never think of selling it. When she turned a year I had some formula left (unopened) and I just took it back to the WIC office.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 12:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• That is messed up. I had wic when I had my daughter and it was a life saver. Its people like that, that make it hard for everyone else.
    leigh_christi

Answer by leigh_christi at 12:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I got WIC right after my son was born, he was on nutramigen which is ridiculously expensive. No, I didnt sell it!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• That's really not right. If someone is getting formula from WIC and they aren't using it, it should be returned to the WIC office. Here again you have someone taking advantage of a program that they obviously don't need to be a part of.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I honestly think its this kind of thing that is making the amount of formula wic gives us down... they are cutting it down to like 5 cans a month here this year... According to my wic office...
    Chilosa

Answer by Chilosa at 1:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• When we were getting WIC for our foster babies, it was never enough, we still had to buy extra. If she has formula pilling up, what is she feeding the baby? I've never known anyone to have extra.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• In Ohio they are not cutting down on formula, they are just replacing it with jar food according to age.
    I would never sell it, i would return it or give it to someone who can use it.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 5:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• That should be reported. It's illegal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• She needs to be reported, that's as bad as people who sell their food stamps.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Eventually WIC will go to a dr's perscription for formula. They won't have a choice. Really sad. I could have done it. I was breastfeeding, and had to supplument, but I bought my own. They tried and tried to give me the vouchers for it and I refused. I only needed 2 cans a month so I bought it. Sadly people like that will kill these programs.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2009