What does a lump in your breast feel like?

I found a lump in my right breast, by my breast bone, and I can see the lump when I am laying down. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to get it checked out, but she sucks and I never get answers.

LuvMybebe

Asked by LuvMybebe at 12:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Health

• I heard tumors would feel like a popcorn kernel (the hardness of it.) If you're not happy with your doctor then switch them... that or demand she give you answers.. that's what she's getting paid for! Good luck with everything.. hope it's nothing!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I just had a mammogram last week and the tech was telling me to look for lumps that feel like a hard pea or the eraser of a pencil. She said to notice if a lump gets bigger or if becomes increasingly painful. Best Wishes.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It's the size of a large marble, it's hard, and doens't hurt
    LuvMybebe

Answer by LuvMybebe at 12:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• HEY, THAT IS SERIOUS, IT'S PROBABLY NOTHING WE ALL HOPE, BUT A LUMP FEELS LIKE A SMALL FROZEN PEA UNDER THE SKIN. HOW OLD ARE YOU? DOES IT HURT? CHANCES ARE IF IT DOES HURT, IT IS NOT CANCER. AWW, SWEETIE, GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING. AND REMEMBER NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT BECAUSE WORRYING ABOUT IT DOESN'T CHANGE A THING.IT'LL JUST MAKE YOU FEEL SICK. OPTIMISM S THE BEST MEDICINE.
    katkiss

Answer by katkiss at 12:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• check out this link. It had some interesting information in it. http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/adult_women/lumps.cfm

Also, google breast lumps in women and you'll find lots of helpful info.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have fibrocystic changes, and I can tell you they feel like little piece of rubber that can be any size from really small (like pea size or smaller) to like marble size for me, they are oval shaped, smooth and feel rubbery and they move around easily and they do hurt. My doctor said if it hurts its probably not a cancer but definitely get it checked out anyway. I have more frequent breast exams now because I have MANY of the little cysts but they can not turn into cancer, they are benign. So maybe this is what you are dealing with. It can be aggravated by caffeine, stress, and many other factors. Take it from me, DON'T stress about it, it will only make you feel worse. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:20 AM on Mar. 2, 2009