How do I become an ULTRASOUND TECH???

I am very interested in becoming an ultrasound tech, but have some questions and really need honest answers from people who have been there as opposed to a recruiter from a school that's going to tell me only the pros. How much schooling is involoved? What is the average pay range? Is this job in demand, or will I be searching to get hired for a long time? This and any other helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• It is a two-year Associate's Degree program. The salary varies from state to state. I googled it and the average salary is $53,000 per year (mind you this includes an average of people who are new to the job as well as people who are very experienced. It is not necesarily the starting pay). Health care is the only industry that has not considered to have suffered due to the economy. People are still getting sick, hurt, pregnant (etc.) as always and still need ultrasounds. A sign of a good school is one that assists you in getting a job before you even graduate (every school should do that period.) Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2009