I think i just miscarried...........Help...graphic

Today I started my period I think.....I just passed what looks like an umbilical cord. I have taken several preg test and they have been negative. I was suppose to start my period last Sunday and did not start till this morning. I have Google like crazy and this really does look like a miscarriage. It was about 2 inches long and looked like the same texture as an umbilical cord and was thick like one. Is this just me shedding lining...or was this a miscarriage. ....I have been showing signs of preg .....bigger breast.............extreme tiredness......brain fog......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are you in pain? you will know tommorow if you hurt a lot.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If you sincerely think that you just miscarried I would suggest a dr or an er.
    leigh_christi

Answer by leigh_christi at 12:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• OK.... I did the same thing. I fished it out of the toilet and it looked like part of the sac and a cord. It was almost tough and i couldnt rub the paper together to make it break apart. I had to literally like.. cut it. TMI i know. You really should go to the Er and have an hcg done and see . Because you may end up needing a D&C
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If you were only 5 weeks along, you really should not pass anything but blood and clots, like a heavy period. Has the cord even developed yet at 5 weeks? I didn't think so. If I were you, I would call my doctor in the morning and describe what's going on. A blood test and an ultrasound may help clear this up and bring you some peace of mind.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• ... I wanted to add that i sometimes get tissue like you are describing with my period. I don't know what it is, but I know it's normal and not (in my case anyway) a sign of miscarriage.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• well i was 8 weeks when this happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You should be seen by a doctor. I hope you are OK.

Answer by Bmat at 12:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have passed pretty weird fleshy tissue for my period as well. The thing is, IF it was a miscarriage there isn't anything you can do, nor anything a hospital will do for you. Miscarriages sometimes happen, and there is just nothing that can be done. *I* wouldn't even go to the hospital had I miscarried.. but that's just me. I would make an apt with an OB for the next day though.

You can call your gyn/ob in the AM and ask about it if you are worried.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think you should go to the e.r. asap to see what is going on
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would call the dr in the morning and explain it to them.
    Maybe you're having an unusual period.
    I hope you're ok. Best wishes.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2009