Does anybody know about traffic ticket laws?? HELP

I've just received a non-criminal traffic infraction from a police officer for "failing to obtain state license within 30 days." He gave me ten days to go and get it done, but on the back of the ticket, it says everything required should be done in 30 days of receiving the citation. I really do need more time than just ten days, so would it be okay or will my license get suspended for "failing to comply within the specified period?" Do they suspend your license based on what the police wrote on the citation or what is the given 30 day rule?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No you have ten days and yes not doing so will result in suspended! im a cop
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ditto to the above, except my DH is a PO. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• depends on your state... call the local station and ask them.. I have a PA license and have been living in WV for over 6 months. I got a parking ticket and I was suppost to have mine changed out about 2 months ago. Things happened and I totaly forgot about it. Nothing has happened to me. I just know that I have to pay PA a $130 fine for not turing in my Pa issued..
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 1:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• cop or no cop laws are different in every state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well, Anon 1:14, in OUR state, that is the law. So that was my answer. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• How can the VERBAL from the cop over rule the printed part of the ticket? I am lost.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• call the courthouse and ask

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• There are exceptions, I believe for military & spouses. So if you are a dependent make sure they know
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You have 10 days. The 30 days printed on the back is kind of a general rule, to give you a timeframe if the cop didn't. But he gave you 10 days, so you have 10 days. I'm a little confused as to why you need more time than that. It's not that expensive and it doesn't take that long to get it done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I always thought it was a 10 day rule for licenses. When we moved states, it was a priority for us to switch over.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009