Women drives while breastfeeding and talking on cell

This was on my local news tonight but it happend in Ohio. Tell me what you think about it.

Police cite breast-feeding driver for endangering

KETTERING, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say a woman has been charged with child endangering after another motorist reported she was both breast-feeding a youngster and talking on a phone while driving.

Police in the Dayton suburb of Kettering say the caller told them he saw the woman Thursday.

Officer Michael Burke says authorities used a license plate number to track down 39-year-old Genine Compton.

He said the woman told officers she was breast-feeding and wouldn't let her child go hungry.

Burke said the legal concern is that Compton had a child in her lap while driving, not that she was breast-feeding in public.

He said the child was under 2 years old.

Police say the woman faces up to 180 days in jail and a

zachysmommy04

Asked by zachysmommy04 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People just get dumber and dumber. Thank God she's breast feeding the kid, he needs all the help he can get with those genes.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'm sorry. How hard is it for you to PULL OVER AND FEED YOUR CHILD INSTEAD OF ENDANGERING HIS LIFE???

The only thing that could make this story worse is if she was trying to steer the wheel with a beer in her other hand. Maybe I am just overreacting though and get bashed for leaving such an opinionated comment.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Was she eating too? Because I don't see a problem unless she was eating a burger and fries as well. She should NOT be eating such crap while breastfeeding. I do object to her not giving her full attention to her baby at this time. She should have hung up.

OBVIOUS SARCASM
    Ok, I think this woman is an idiot that endangered her baby's life because she was STUPID.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• LOL! YEAH I HEARD THIS AS WELL! I LIVE NEAR CINCINNATI AND WAS SHOCKED AT THIS DUMBASS! SOME PEOPLE ARE SOO STUPID!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• And she acts like she didn't do anything wrong. I heard about this yesterday and had to ask my son's g/f if I actually heard it correctly- she was driving and breastfeeding. OMG!
    Some people do NOT need children.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It's women like this who give the rest of the breast feeding population a bad name. I nurse on Demand but I have enough sense to not to do it in a MOVING vehicle! This women obviously does not have her child's best interest in mind.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• This just proves that you should have to have a license to breed!!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• How ridiculous I have pulled over plenty of times and sat in parking lots to breastfeed my son, I dont even know how she would be able to manage doing that I mean I guess it could be done but seriously how dangerous is that your not only a hazard to yourself but your kids and everyone else

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Breast is not best for all kids I guess. This poor kid will have great nutrition but will die in a car accident because his mom is a moron.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I understand not wanting you child to go hungry but pull over and feed him, at least you don't run the risk of killing him.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2009