I feel jealous-and I shouldnt. I feel as if I am alone...

Right now my husband and I are going through a seperation. This is very hard on me as it is but especially because I do not have a close bond with my family. My father and mother were never married when they had me ... my dad married and my stepmom and I are NOT close at all- (I think she hates me because I am my mom's child, and that my mom was once with her husband my dad) Make sense??? Anyways.... long story short- my half sister has always been a drama queen and of course my stepmom quite obvisoly favors her, I didnt wanna tell them about my husband and I because I knew my stepmom would have some smartass comment to make about it. She never thought I'd amount to anything and she hs always put me down.
Now my sister is going through something simmilae with her bf/fiance and she has a daughter 1 yea younger than mine. I feel sad and sorry she is going through this but I am also kinda pissed because I know they are gonna...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• CONT....
    help her out & leave me to fend for myself 100%. It has always been this way. I am not saying I am asking for a handout but I need some emotional support.

PLEASE don't leave neg. comment's- I'll just deleate them. I don't need that crap. Thanks!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It's normal for you to feel this way about your stepmom. Don't feel guilty for it. I think it's also normal for you to feel jealous towards your stepsister, but don't let that get in the way of a good relationship with her. Accept that your stepmom treats you differently and move on. Confide in your stepsister and try to bond with her over this.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Answered at 1:34 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 by: jacobsmom707View Profile
    Add to Friends
    Send a Message
    View Answers It's normal for you to feel this way about your stepmom. Don't feel guilty for it. I think it's also normal for you to feel jealous towards your stepsister, but don't let that get in the way of a good relationship with her. Accept that your stepmom treats you differently and move on. Confide in your stepsister and try to bond with her over this.

Thanks and I'd like to have a close realtionship with her (it has gotten better as we've gotten older) but she is just like my stepmom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Why are you separating? Could it be fixed? Is it something you want to be fixed? Can you respark the fire? I have been divorced and now I am happily married. It really is difficult but I knew I didn't want to make it work with my ex. I have had some issues most people would divorce on with the second but mistakes happen and I feel we are meant to be so that meant we needed to work it out. Have you thought about counseling?
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would sit down and talk to your stepsister as she is going through something similar to you. Maybe you can find a common ground through this difficult time. If your family is really as bad as you say they are and you can't get any support, I would highly suggest getting a therapist you really feel connected to so that you have someone to confide in and someone who can offer you helpful and comforting advice. I can't say I have been in your situation, but I do know that is what I would start off doing if I were.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hugs!! Are you close to your sister? Maybe since you are both having relationship issues you 2 can be each other's support system - you would understand what the other is going thru and feeling. I also think seeking counseling/therapy would be a good idea. I wish you the best of luck and hope things get better!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2009