Anyone have some amazing fitness tips for free?

I'm 28 weeks and due May 24th with my first. I need to get into amazing shape by end of July....an really awesome eating tricks, or exercise tricks? What worked for you to tone back up? Swimming, yoga, what did you eat....please give tips

Fallon_Long

Asked by Fallon_Long at 1:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I download free podcasts of Pilates workouts on iTunes (Pilates on Fifth, they're located in NYC), and I know there are other types of podcasts out there. I also have Fit Tv on DirectTV. I like to do All-Star Workouts. There are LOTS of shows on that channel that accommodate many exercise levels. There are cooking shows, and great tips for living well. Congratulations, and have a happy, healthy birth!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 1:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Get an aerobic trampoline. They can be used indoors. 5 min of bouncing is equivalent to 15 min of jogging.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Be careful of bouncing, tho while preg. Ask your doctor about any video or class that is more than the usual exercise, esp. high impact. The best way to look your best is to work on toning. When your muscles build, you lose weight faster, b/c the muscles keep burning cals after you finish, then do cardio right after to keep your heart rate up.

When you do cardio first, the body uses the sugar from your last meal and what is readily available, THEN it begins getting the fuel from the muscles. When you do weight training first, the muscle builds. Cardio, secondly, uses the fat in the body to fuel the workout.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Go to the library and check out The South Beach Diet. It works. I promise you! Plus the food is so good!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• google braggs apple cider vinegar, its great and all natural
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I did a colon cleanse first then started eating TruChocolate you can read about it on my journal entries because thers a lot of benefits from it. Anyways, I run for 30 mins a day except on Sundays, it's been 9 days on the TruChocolate and I've lost 10 pounds(just checked). Anyways the info on that is in my jounral, but you should wear a girdle everyday all day until your goal date. The girlde really helps, after I had both my kids I wore one for 3 months and WOW it made my flabby bump go away from the C-Section! Also some kind of energy pill( not recommended) but I take Asia Black 25, it really gets me going and I can run for 20 mins straight and I speed walk the last 10 mins. Again you can read on the chocolate on my journals!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• aw my daughter was born last may 24th :) lol, anyways...well the first/best piece of advice i can give is the second u get home f/ the hospital, put on a corset (or something like spanx that really tightens your stomach) that is going to initially help all that stretched out skin tighen up a little on it's own. trust me, my mom gave birth 7x and is a size 2, and that's what she says kept her skinny. wear it ALL the time (it's a pain but u'll get used to it) for at least 4wks. anyways u wanna be careful w/ dieting if u're breastfeeding but just eat lots of fruits/veggies- no junk food. and start working out as soon as your body lets you. i started by walking my daughter around a lake (3.5mi) every day and that's what helped me lose most of the weight immediately...then when i had time and she was in daycare(i'm a single mom), i started going to the gym. good luck!!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2009