My son is 7 almost 8 months old and I was wondering how many servings of baby food should I be giving him a day and how many bottles... sometimes I feel like I am not feeding him enough.

Asked by urallineed718 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• actually...the best is to ask the's changed alot over the years...he/she would know...they used to start with cereal then fruit and cereal now they find doing vegetables before it all depends

• when my son was around his age it was about 2 jars of food and like 4 bottles 7oz. but it just depends on how your son responds to the feedings cause he won't eat if he's not hungry or when he's already full too

Answer by stylingmami at 1:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Ask your doctor. My six month old eats solids twice a day, sometimes 2 big and 2 small jars and then 4-6 bottles. My doc said that as big as he is (25 pounds, 28 inches) he needs more food than the average tot. I would ask your doc, but if your baby is hungry, feed him!

Answer by colorsofgrey at 4:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my boy is small--16 lbs and about 27 in. I offer him solid foods about 4 times a day and he nurses several times. Sometimes he eats half a container of stage 2 food, other times he might eat a whole banana and some puffed cereal. I just keep feeding him until he isn't interested anymore. One suggestion for you--if he seems more interested in playing than eating, try feeding him in his exersaucer or give him toys in his highchair. He may eat more if he doesn't have to stop playing to eat.

Answer by sbailey at 1:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2008