Still so unsure...

Since I havent gotten my own doctor yet (just found out last week & my appointment with my insurance is wednesday) I ended up having to go to the ER today. I was spotting that brown stuff that everyone says is normal, & had slight cramps that I think were from over working myself at work. Anyhow, I was worried. So they did a vaginal ultrasound, & while I was waiting for the results (that took 8 freakin hours!) I started to cramp & then I started to bleed red & heavy for about an hour. The results came back & they said it was too early for much but that something was growing in my uterus, & that I just needed to find a gyno, even though I told them about the bleeding & cramps. They seemed to just bring paperwork & take vital, but told me nothing even when I asked....Im really worried that the ultrasound made me miscarry or something...there was a lot of blood! Im really worried....has this happened to anyone? Did I miscarry??!

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the u/s can't make you miscarry. You *could* have been miscarrying while you were there though, and as a coincidence the bleeding got heavier after the u/s.

If you just now found out your pregnant, you may not have been more than 4-5 weeks along, and if you miscarried it would be really early to tell anything, even with a vaginal. You could always re test, and definitely find a ob/gyn. But there isn't anything you can do for a miscarriage, these things happen sometime.

I hope everything is ok though, and that it wasn't a miscarriage! good luck
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yeah, I'm only 5weeks along apparently. The thing is, I'm still getting all the sickness & tenderness. The cramping finally went away, as did the bleeding....but wow....That was scary! I'm going to try & hurry up my insurance appointment so that I can see a ob/gyn sooner though...just to make sure...I really hope I didnt lose it............ =(
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yea, it could be a placenta issue... like a previa type thing but that's nothing to worry about so early on you know? I hope it's not, and get that apt! good luck!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009