Best Sippy Cup?

Is there a sippy cup that you moms prefer to use ... just starting my son on a sippy and not sure which one would be the best starter cup ... thanks!

jennie829

Asked by jennie829 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• avent!!!!!
    avent goes from bottle to sippy cup by just changing the nipples so you don't have to buy all new cups. if you don't have avent do a soft nippled cup. that way they learn how to suck yet they still think it is a bottle then go to a harder nippled sippy
    Kyle_wify

Answer by Kyle_wify at 1:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Which ever one the kid likes best. We went through 5 different ones before we found one our oldest would take. (Nuby)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Straw cups are better than sippy cups for their teeth. Munchkin used to make a great one but I don't think they're making it anymore. Make sure whatever you get is BPA free!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I really like the Nuby ones!!! the nipples are soft and vented.. there are no inserts to lose. I don't have to worry about if she's going to be able to suck hard enough with the insert in, or spill if I take it out.. its a non-issue and I LOVE it. They make them with handles and without so you can figure out which is best for your kid too!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Whichever one your child likes best, is affordable, is easy to clean, and doesn't drip much.

We ended up with the Gerber sippy cups but that was after trying 5 or 6 different kinds.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Thank you for all of your answers mamas! I really appreciate the feedback ...
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• We use Avent like Kyle_wify. But as others had said, you may go through several before you find one that your child will use.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2009