Is orange juice bad......??

I've noticed ever since I got pregnant that whenever I drink orange juice I throw up....is orange juice bad for moms-to-be??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 2:15 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never had a problem with it. Everybody is different. I couldn't eat yogurt without throwing up. I don't think that orange juice is bad for you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It's not "bad" for you but all of the sugar isn't too good either. I was told from my OB. And here I thought I was doing good by drinking OJ...lol
    There were things I couldn't eat/drink when I was pregnant but loved and had no problems with when I wasn't pregnant. I
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It could just be from the citric acid, I know I had reflux and indigestion really bad when i ate anything with citric acid in it when I was pregnant with my daughter.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• when I was pregnant the gyno told me not to drink any orange juice because I had gotten gestational diabetis and that has sugar, he even told me not to drink milk.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 2:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I used to throw up with cold OJ or cold apple juice. In order to drink it, I'd have to leave it out until it got to room temp.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I had the same problem. I couldn't drink anything with citrus in it. So stop drinking it. You know it makes you sick...avoid it. It's not like you have to have it anyway.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:04 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'm not sure. I was told to eat an orange or drink juice when I took my iron pill. All I ever got was heartburn, but that was almost constant anyway.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• They just came out with low sugar/low calories orange juice by Tropicana. I didn't like drinking orange juice either b/c of all the sugars and I get headaches easy with too much sugar. It doesn't have spenda in it either. It tastes a little different but more like oranges.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• thank you all so much, i had no idea about all of that...like Brenda I thought I was doing a good thing lol. I'll still definately talk to my Ob/Gyn though. =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2009