Why would anyone wish great failure to our President?

I read quotes saying "I wish great failure to Obama".

My thinking being... He is the President of our country and by him failing, our country would fail, which would bring the people of our country to failure. We would be of a failing nation.

Wouldn't we?

Why would anyone wish this upon us and the future of our children?

I didn't vote for President Obama... But I pray that he proves me wrong- not hope that he takes us down.

It just hurts me to read things like that I guess.

Is this just a comment said out of dislike for Obama but not meaning anything by it, or does one actually hope for his failure?

alleykatt28

Asked by alleykatt28 at 4:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wanted him to succeed but unfortunately he is a failure after only a short time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I hope for all of our sakes that he does step up and becomes a great president. with the country in shambles the way it is we need something good right now. I really think he might be the person to do it.
    I cant wait to see if he instills family values in this counrty again. something that we have gone without for a very long time. But it is nice to see how active he is already, as a father and our president.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't wish him failure, I hope he proves me wrong but it's not looking to good.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• This has been in the news quite a bit lately.
    When failure is mentioned, people mean that they hope his socialist policies fail, not the country.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I believe that when he was swore in people needed just to face it the next four years is OBAMA. Whether we like it or not. To utter the words out " I hope Obama fails" means you basically want the economy to stay in shits for years to come. We are in recession now, more and more of Americans are losing there jobs each and everyday. I personally do not want Obama to fail,I hope he succeeds at turning America around. I want nothing more than for everyone to be better off, as rather than having to lose there homes and jobs. I mean if he does not step up and do something ......how many of us are going to be able to sit on cafemom and ramble about this??? Seriously, I think a lot of people make it a race issue and if not a religion issue and if not that they pick on him for other things. So its time for everyone to accept we have Obama as a president, and lets all hope he can serve our country proud.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't wish failure on Obama. He is the one who has FAILED us. And so many people are so blind to this man that it is to the detriment to this country!

The American voters Failed our country for getting caught up in this mess.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 7:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I did not vote for Obama & I do not trust him. However, to WISH him to fail...NEVER! Hopefully, he will turn around & do right for this country but again, I do not trust him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• How can you say that he has "Failed" the people when he hasn't even been in office long enough to see how is policies pan out? Sure, if you're pro-life I can't argue your beliefs on that issue, but his economic stimulus plan hasn't even had time to succeed. It's ridiculous to declare the man or his policies a failure at this time.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Why is it people who wished failure on Bush were simply stating their opinion, but people who wish failure on Obama are wishing failure on the entire nation? There's no shortage of people who will insist that Bush was a failure, because, for the most part he was. Guess what - we're still here. The nation is not a giant crater. No matter how much you want to pretty it up, the president, even this one, is simply a man, no more, no less. He is not a god or a superhero and he is just as capable of screwing up as he is of succeeding. Some feel the things he's done already fall soundly in the screwing up category, and hope, for all our sakes, that he fails in accomplishing the rest of his missions, lest he leave us all off far worse than we already are.
    Presidents fail all the time, even the good ones, just like you eat a cookie and fail your diet. It's not wishing death, quit being overdramatic.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes, I wish great failure upon him. I hope he is deemed a failure and unsuccessful in his attempts to promote his plans. I hope history revels in the same. Sorry, Failure to Zero and soon. I think he could even do it all on his own.

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2009