DO YOU BELIEVE.............

that Obama and the Democrats are using fear about the current economic crisis to push through a radical social agenda?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 6:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, but I believe that Bush and the republicans used fear after 911 to push through THEIR radical fascist agenda. It's part of politics and unfortunately both sides do it. I think it was a travesty the way Bush did it because he had a rare moment of unity amongst Americans and instead of harnessing that unity he threw it down the toilet. He used 911 as an excuse to pass all of his agenda even things that had nothing to do with security. That was worse.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes, they are and they have during the campaign. It's getting a bit old though now wouldn't you say? Especially now that peole are looking around and saying "hey, the sky is still up there, and people are still shopping at WalMart, and the line at BK for lunch is still around the building". Yeah, the act has gone on long enough now. When Bill Clinton tells you to lighten up, I think it's time to lighten up. But hey, Obama is a control freak, that's all he knows and he'll do what HE wants obviously.
    Time to move into the here and now and stop living in the past.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Are you suggesting that there isn't anything to be worried about regarding our economic situation right now?

Huh, why do I bother to ask? You never address sincerely address any questions on this forum.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 8:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• whatever.........
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• For those of us observing, it is a recession. For those of us who lost a job it is a Depression. Depression for you maybe? Well not for me, and not for the rest of the 92% of Americans still working and living life not much differently than before.
    The economic numbers don't even compare to what Reagan was given to "inherit", it's not as bad as your messiah wants you to believe.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My hubby works for Caterpillar, and when Obama used all that hype to mention the job losses about Caterpillar he purposely did not mention the job losses were temporary and Caterpillar is being relocated to Mississippi because the Gov. offered tax incentives after Katrina to get the state moving again like Louisiana. Caterpillar's jobs are only being moved, not cut, which also by the way, construction in Katrina areas is booming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes, I do. He used kindness and concern in his lies to get elected,and now he's using thug tactics,and fear to get his sick agendas through. Makes me sick everytime I think about it. God help us all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• S'ok, he sat here in a room full of people who'd been laid off up to a year ago and looked them in the eye, telling them they'd be entitled to reduced rate COBRA to take care of their families. Most of them were laid off before the deadline so they aren't eligible. But it sure made a pretty soundbite for the news.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• YES.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2009