Do You Freecycle? Do you know what Freecycle is?

I love Freecycling. It's like a Free Yard Sale. I give a lot of stuff away too. I love knowing it's staying out of landfills and that others get good use of something I no longer need.

SophieDrewsMom

Asked by SophieDrewsMom at 7:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love freecycle!! We've gotten SO much stuff off of it.. including a Piano that we found out can be worth A LOT of money! Being a one income Military family, Freecycle is one of the best resources for us to stretch our money! It's fabulous!
    Jamie1228

Answer by Jamie1228 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Unfortunately we don't have a Freecycle Group around here and seemingly nobody who is interested. We have an Annual Yard Sale Day in our Town, I think that knowing they can make a few bucks why give your stuff away. "Greed" the Root of all Evil, lol.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 8:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I love freecycle. I have given away and received quite a few things. It is nice to see that people around here actually give stuff to others. There are even a few people who have "Free for alls" where you can bring a bag and take what you want, but you can also drop off stuff for others.
    Its a great idea, it saves the environment and someone who is in need of something can usually find it there.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I like freecycle, too. I haven't taken or given anything yet, but I don't need anything at this time. I tried to get rid of a nice dinette- round with a leaf to make it oval- when we finally got a dining room table. The only person on freecycle who expressed an interest at all wasn't interested because we weren't including the chairs, which I wanted to keep to use for extra quests. I thought, huh? I am offering you a table in very good condition, for free, and someone, who said they wanted a table, refused it because the chairs don't come with it? Anyway, as it turns out I had the bright idea to move the table into an area off the kitchen and it fits perfectly there and we use it for casual meals.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I love freecyle! I have got alot of nice things and gave away alot of nice things! It's an awesome idea! everyone should do it!
    MrsG423

Answer by MrsG423 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I got my job on freecycle. lol. I love it. I try to give away stuff people are looking for on there. I also try not to get stuff. I have loads of junk already.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am glad to see there are other freecyclers here. There are still lots of people who don't know about it. More people who know the better. It's such a great idea.

What's the collest or funniest thing you've ever seen offered/asked for? I saw someone ask for a rooster. A real live rooster. And they got it!!!!!

Bmat-That table things is nuts. It comes as is. Get your own chairs, lol. People even offer broken things on ours and it becomes somebody's treasure.
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 1:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I love freecycle. Got a boat.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009