What is wrong with me?!

I don't know what my deal is, but every once in a while I get this massively overwhelming feeling and I can't do anything to shake it.

It's like a combination of sadness, fear, confusion, and anxiousness. I'm not sure what brings it on, but I've felt it before and I'm feeling it again now.

Nothing has happened to me yet today as I've only been awake for about an hour and a half, yet the feeling is lingering.

Is there something wrong with me? Do people see doctors about these kind of things? It's really starting to bother me. Do any of you ever feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Health

• I suffer from anxiety and get this feeling quite often, I would go to your doctor if I were you just to be on the safe side, but it does sound like anxiety.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 8:04 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• What you are describing sounds like anxiety to me. Anxiety, like all emotions, typically happens in response to our thoughts, not in response to outside forces. So it is not at all strange that you would feel this way even though you have barely started your day. Yes, you can see a doctor for this, but I strongly recommend a psychiatrist or psychologist. A regular doctor can medicate you, but that's most likely a bandaid, not a soution. There is nothing wrong with you. You're normal. But you'd probably benefit from getting an early jump on this and figuring out what's going on that is making you feel this way.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• This was happening to me around my period. I started taking Lexapro. It is an antidepressant and it seems to have helped me. I am still my self I don't have that loss of self feeling. Talk to your doctor. I talked to my gyn.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009