Teen boy dies playing Hangman

A 14 yr old boy in our town,hung himself,by tying a rope around his neck,and the other end to a brick,and throwing the brick over a door,you are supposed to hang until you almost pass out then release the rope, to get an ultimate rush.apparently he could'nt get loose,his father found him ,when he got up to go to work.This boy got the idea from a video game,Alot of kids are doing things like this,because of video games. This has really disturbed me,that companies,want to make sells so bad that they put out such games.so please if you have teenagers,before you purchase games for your teens,check them out.it may save your childs life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• What video game?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Somehow I don't quite believe he got the idea of getting "high" by hanging himself from a game.....however people have been getting high this way for a while. It's a terrible shame and often claims the lives of kids, years ago a friend of a friend killed himself this way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think Hangman on the wii,not sure,but I am going to check on it.Just say a prayer for the family,he was buried yesterday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Like I said,I have'nt seen the game,it is just what has been said.but I will google it,Did'nt they have problems with the grand theft auto game?I had girls ,they never like video games.So I don't know much about them.But I see so many parents letting their kids play them for hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i highly doubt it was a video game. and if it was then his parents did a sucky job of teaching him that video games are FAKE and not to mimic them. my sisters play GTA all the time and they are just fine. they dont want to go shoot anything up. or mimic anything off there. people just want something or someone to blame so they attack the game or gaming corporation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Kids arent going to do something just because something is in a video game. Sure you should always check out what the child is playing but spending time with the child and not having an electronic babysitter does wonders too. I have 5 kids, 2 are teen boys and they play rated T and M games and I can honestly say theyve never mimicked anything in the game. Usually kids who do have something mentally wrong with them, are neglected or what have you. Theres usually more to the story then a video game.

Answer by gemgem at 8:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You are probably right,there is probably more to it,But I had never heard of kids hanging themselves to get high,my gosh what is going on? My daughter went to buy some glitter spraypaint for a school project,and they would'nt let her buy it because she was only 17,you have to be 18,this is getting scary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have heard of something similar called sexual asfixiation. The brother of the best man at our wedding was found dead in bed with a belt around his neck. I guess the idea is to masturbate while cutting off your air supply as you climax. He passed out and could not wake up in time to loosen the belt. I heard of this years and years ago on Oprah. Teen boy found dead in his closet doing the same thing. Really goes to show that we need to educate our youth about all tha crazy stuff out there.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I doubt he got the idea from a video game. Many teens actually play around with choking themselves using various methods. Most do it for sexual gratification. The problem is they do not use a partner when they try to achieve this high. When playing a choking game, the number 1 rule is to ALWAYS have a partner around in case you do pass out or something. And you do get a high from cutting of air supply and then letting it return all of a sudden.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• no I've never hear of hangman. However we had a teachr die from strangulation cause he was doing the old practice of choking off one's airflow to obtain a better orgasim and died from that.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2009