Could You Do This?

Several years ago, when SIL's 2nd child was choking on something. (they had company over) The granpa told the daughter, hey the baby is choking on something, then she said, it's ok God will take care of it! Then the grandpa said, Oh no, I am not sitting back waiting for that, he grabs the child and starts getting her unchoked. This was his daughter that was ignoring the child. Said she just sat there, with no reaction. He told us about it and my mouth just hit the floor. I for one have gotten choked twice in my lifetime, once as a baby and another time when I was 10 yrs old. Thank goodness people were around me to help me. I am not against religion/faith whatever. But could any of you ignore a child that is choking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Absolutely not, that's insane. How could a mother just stand by and watch her child choke to death? Crazy people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i myself couldnt sit there god himself couldnt stop me i would bowl him over to save my children and someone elses for that matter. sil sounds crazy and i wouldnt let her watch my kids yikes..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• People like that shouldn't have kids.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• no, i jump at the second even if I think my so is choking, it makes my heart skip.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hey ,God give us a brain HELLLO! some people,just don't have enough since to use them,and evidently she is one of them.Poor child.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am a christian and I would NEVER do that!!! I freak out if they get a little strangled on water! If I was that parent, I would be thanking God that Grandpa was there to help!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:10 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• shes crazy! thats crazy! i get sooo scared when he coughs hard lol wth god will take care of it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• hell no
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Um...God gave the ability to THINK, He gave COMMON SENSE, and he gave the discovery of FIRST AID to help people who needed it!

He gave scientists the intelligence and know-how to make the discoveries in medicine that help people every day.

She shouldn't have her kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• hell no i couldn't sit and ignore a total stranger who is choking never mind my own child..people like her shouldn't have kids
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 2, 2009