Sick son

My son has been sick for a few weeks now, they said he had strep and I took him back in 8 days because he didn't seem to get any better. That was Friday, Today is Monday and he is still sick, the meds are gone and I don't know what to do. He had a fever of 102 last night and is complaining of his stomach, which he does alot anyway. What should I do??

determind

Asked by determind at 8:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Health

• go back to dr
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Whenever your child has taken a prescription and the body didn't heal, then I would return to the doctor. The problem with flu type illness, and esp. strep is secondary infections. It really takes a toll on the body.

Not sure how old your little guy is, but be sure and not offer colas and acidic drinks when giving penicillin's. This kills the dose in the gut, the same as not having received the med at all.  And always ask for the simplist antibiotic.  Doctors are too often using the biggest gun to kill infections, which makes the body build resistance to that med, leaving nothing to use should the body need a heavier prescription. 

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• GERMS TRAVEL. ARE YOU USING THE SAME TOOTHBRUSH. YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO KEEP EVERYTHING CLEAN..IM TELLING YOU!!! DONT REUSE NOTHING....VIRUSES AINT NUTHIN TO PLAY WITH
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2009