Sons sick!!

I took my son to the doctor 2 Thursdays ago for Strep, then the following Friday he went back and they said he had a virus, to bring him back if he is not better in a couple of days. Last night he had a fever of 102 and so far this morning it is only 100.2. He is complaining of his stomach and it seems like he does a lot, even before this whole sick thing. I don't know if I should take him back to these quacks. I feel really bad that I don't know what's wrong. Could he have some kind of stomach issue causing the fever and other things such as chills??

PLEASE HELP!!

determind

Asked by determind at 8:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I would call a different Dr, it never hurts to have a second opinion... GL
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'd like to see his tummy problem diagnosed. I have tummy aches because of my sinuses a lot of the time, and I wonder if he has a sinus infection, actually. It would cause sore throat, fever, tummy aches. If they ran a strep test then it was strep. It's not impossible that he's also caught a virus, but the med could be making him feel unwell, too. Be sure when he is on antibiotics that he gets yogurt with live cultures every day. For the fever to go up at night and lower in the morning is normal, although his is a little high. Maybe his vitamins upset his stomach, too. My guess, such as it is, is that it could be sinus. If you are unhappy with the doctors try elsewhere. I hope the little guy feels better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 10:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• YOU KNOW WHAT...IF THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBE HIM ANY MEDICATION SOMETIMES THEY CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS. THE SICKNESS AND THE EFFECTS HAS TO WEAR OFF.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If he has strep it might be what is causing the tummy problems. In children sometimes it's their tummy that hurts before any other symptom like sore throat and fever. And if he has strep he should be on an antibiotic which could also be causing his stomach upset.
    It seems like his fever is down, so he is probably getting better. Just continue on the meds and treat the fever as needed with Tylenol or Motrin.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2009