Those intern Doctors??

Ok no offense to anyone studing to be a doc!! I relize that there are good ones out there, but I just called my son's doctors office and told them that I did not want to see any of those people that are not doctors (whatever they are called)and she has the nerv to tell me to

determind

Asked by determind at 8:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They don't have the right to tell you NOT to go there. You are paying your money to see a doctor. So that intern wasn't with a doctor when you saw him? That is odd!! But you are paying money that isn't fair or right of her to say. I'd be sure when you see HER and the doctor you tell the how you don't appreciate that. I hate freaking receptionist sometimes they go so nasty. I thought my sons appointment was at 930 but it was 9- I always get there early so I got there at like 915-920 and she looked at me and said real cocky you DO realize his appointing was at NINE. I looked at her and said no I thought it was 930 I'm sorry and she rolled her eyes and turned away. I was thinking WTH?!?! THERE WASN'T EVEN ANYONE IN THE FREAKING WAITING ROOM. LAME. Ugh Really let them know when you go in.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• What's your son sick with? Are you suggesting malpractice? We pay doctors for their time, not per cure. And $40 is nothing for a trip to the doctor. Sorry, it just seems like you might be over-reacting here. If I'm wrong and the office is bungling your child's care, then it's time for a new ped's office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Some of the best doctors I had for my kids were interns because they are up to date on the latest medicines and techniques. In fact my kids pediatrician started with me as an intern, then got her own practice when she was done and we followed her there. I think that kids get sick and sometimes its easier to point fingers at a new dr then just face the facts that germs are out there and theres not alot we can do about them getting our kids sick. Youre over reacting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• $40 dollars not alot of money for a trip to the doctors- especially to see an INTERN not a doctor? If thats her copay thats alot- if its the whole cost its not terrible but that would 80 dollars more she'd have in her pocket. That is alot of money and I would refuse to pay the next trip since her son is still sick.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ok Anonymous, your right I am over reacting, today I am taking my son to the doctor for the 3rd time in less than 3 weeks, Wk 1 he had strep, Wk2 a virus and today not even 3 days later he has a fever of 102, so yea your right I am over reacting. I shouldn't be complaining that the nurses are Bs and that today I will be paying these quacks another $20 which will be a grand total of $60. What do you suggest?? I pay these doctors to know what is wrong with my son, so I do pay them for there cure!! I expect them to cure him when I pay them all this money. So you are wrong!!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• PEOPLE! This is NOT $40 for 1 trip, this is 2 trip already within a 2wk period and another trip today that makes 3 trips in less than 3 wks. I pay $20 a visit!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Right, clearly you aren't worked up at all here. Seriously, take a deep breath, hon. I'm sorry your son has been so sick. That stinks, really, and I hope he feels better soon. But you have seriously unrealistic expectations of your ped's office. Kids get sick, sometimes a lot. Sounds like he's just had an unlucky run here. If everyone there at the office is so terrible, in your opinion, find a new office!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• WHo cares how much you pay-your clearly not getting a proper dx and treatment. Time to find another doctor in my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yea, you are right it just sucks!! I am just steaming over this nurse! I have to right to request a doctor and not get lip about it. I do see the resident physicians, when they are there more than I would like to. This time I requested not to and I get an attitude. I am usually a very calm person and deal with issues very easily in fact I am always the one telling my husband not to sweat the small things. This to me is not small and I will talk to someone when I get there. I am sorry people!! I just hate smart A-- B---es. ( from the docs)

determind

Answer by determind at 9:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I totally agree with you about the attitude, and that should be brought to your doctor's attention asap. That was uncalled for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Mar. 2, 2009