a healthy child and a sick child

my 9 year old was born completly healthy she very rarly even gets a cold but my 6 year old was born with asthma shes been in the hospital 19 times we have to go to lots of doc appt her medacine is very expencive and i woory that my oldiest is gonna resent her am i just being silly

txgerbermom

Asked by txgerbermom at 8:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I think that as long as you set aside some time to spend with your oldest, she will be fine. It is always hard when you have 1 sick child, and 1 healthy. I would try to find something special for just the 2 of you...that should help her.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Personal time with each child is a good idea. Take the older one bowling or out for a meal. Let him pick, perhaps. So he feels that he has your total attention. Don't talk about your other child unless your older son brings it up. Be sure to give him praise and hugs during the day so that he doesn't feel ignored. He should get enough attention that he understands that just because he is healthy doesn't mean he doesn't get attention and caring.

Answer by Bmat at 10:13 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My oldest is the sick one and my youngest so far is the know sick one. gIVE EACH CHILD THERE OWN TIME AND all should be good. Have you done the allergy test on the youngest? SInce asmtha is normally triggered by an allergy. My daughter had alot of allergys and then withthe skin graph and changed what she was alleregic to anew child when it comes to asmatha. Best of luck
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 11:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2009