what should i do about my husband being so lazy with the kids and me?

No bath, no feedings, no playing, bearly talking but he will watch TV with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe he is very tired or stressed from his job. He should take over caring for them at least one evening a week, both to give you a break and to increase his own bonding with his children. So negotiate an evening off with him. You don't even have to go out unless you want to, you can get that long bath or play on the computer or whatever you want. If he knows that on Mondays he is responsible for the children, he won't be less tired from the job, but he'll prepare himself for the childcare. The other thing that occurs to me is that perhaps his mom did all the childcare and so he thinks he is behaving as he should. In a kind way, not being mean about it since it would make him embarrassed or affronted, discuss with him that you need some time off and it would really help you and the kids....and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hopefully he gives you money. Then, ignore him. Don't do anything for him. Maybe he'll go away. No man is better than a good for nothing man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• oh dear that's bitter But I understand that. Get counseling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009