How do I spice up my sex life? Need advice!

I'm 28 and married for 4 years. I have 4 yr old son. Unfortunately, our sex life slowed down a bit for the last two years. It all started after my delivery, I had a C-section. Sex was like 5x in a month then sometimes none at all. I got terribly sick last year. I was put to bed rest for a month due to a pulmonary problem then later in September I had a major operation, I had my gall bladder removed. Would my health affected my sex life in any way? We havent had sex for the last 6 months. He always gets angry with me if I dont want to have sex with him. What is my problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• The problem is your lack of desire? Talk this over with your gyn and find out if it is a hormonal or anemia problem first of all. After that, during the day start thinking about getting together with him. Think about hugging him and so forth. Greet him when he gets home with a close hug, passionate kiss. I know we get tired as moms, and your surgeries and illness may have made you extra tired, but for the sake of your love for your husband, made the extra effort. Try to rest during the day. If you can arrange it, the weekend away at a bed and breakfast or an inn is a romantic time. You and he could walk hand in hand, eat leisurely meals, chat as you explore the area, talk in the evening and so forth. ;) Also the once a week date night is good for closeness.

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Do you just not feel horny? It may be your hormones out of whack.

I would go see the gyno-they may be able to send you for some thyroid tests.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well, hormone tests.
    Anonymous

• IS IT POSSIBLE TO GO WITHOUT SEX FOR THAT LONG?...ESPECIALLY FOR A MAN. IM 27 AND MY DESIRE FOR SEX HAS DECLINED DRASTICALLY ALSO. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME. BUT SOMETIMES WE HAVE SO MUCH GOING ON IN OUR LIVES AT THE END OF THE DAY SEX IS THE LAST THING ON OUR LIVES. I WOULD SAY TAKE A INEXPENSIVE TRIP A WAY FROM THE KIDS FOR A WEEKEND AND GET SOME SEX TOYS....GRRRRR
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2009