if you were induced the first time...?

i was induced with my son and now that we are trying for a baby, i was wondering how the socond labor usually goes. i was induced at 39 weeks with preeclampsia. it was 42 hours and aweful, i wanted them to kill me by the end of the first day. should i be terrified that they will have to do the same thing. does it usually come naturally? now i have no idea what to expect . has anyone been induced and then had a second labor that was natural...?

chance010507

Asked by chance010507 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had my second labor yet, but an induction is not an option for me at all: unless somehow I am in dire need of it. I had *pre e* as well, but not serious. In fact, my entire induction my bp was like 80/119 lol. Or better!

I know many moms who have gone from induction/cesarean to go on and birth naturally. Allowing baby to come on it's own instead of being induced. All of their births were beautiful and successful. If it makes you feed better!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i had to get induced on both my first and second babies. the second one is much easier and goes ALOT quicker. the only thing is, they didnt administer enough pitocin so i "labored" all night without any progress. when they upped the dosage, i had my baby within hours. AND he popped out within 5 minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have had 5 kids and every labor was different. My first was 5 hours and a breeze while the second was close to 20 and a nightmare. They 3rd was 2 hours, 4th 15 hours and 5th baby was 7 hours. I was induced 3 times and each time was still different. I dont think you should be scared but if you had issues like you did you can go into it with your eyes open and maybe make sure the same thing doesnt happen again. Make sure you have a birthing plan and maybe ask them not to allow your labor to go for so long and opt for a csection instead?

Answer by gemgem at 9:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• oh, switch my numbers around by the way. gah, I am dumb. 119/80 not 80/119... pooh I am crazy
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• First baby was induced. Second baby was going to be induced, but went into labor night before we were going to be induced. Both were fine deliveries. No problems.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 12:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2009