How long did it take you to recover from a c-section?

How long did it take until you felt like your old self again? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A good 6 weeks, my recovery was terrible, extremely painful.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Mine has varied. first time about 6 weeks...second time a bit over 2 weeks. Third time about 4 weeks.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Around 2 or three weeks. I was up walking around the same night of the csection. I had sex 4 days after. Nothing major. For some reason my hormones went wild after I had my son! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My 1st time about 5 to 6 weeks and the 2nd time 2 or 3 weeks. I hope this time it's alot quicker. I guess after having the 1st you know what to expect and with more than one child you need to recovery quicker.
    Aleecia

Answer by Aleecia at 10:55 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My first section having been in the hospital with an infection for over a week it took me a months to feel better really close to a year. My husband then was tdy a lot after the baby right away for the next year. I should have hired help being alone. My second was most pain ful that night and the days until I got home to a one floor house.. And my third I was going up and down steps running around as soon as I got home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• with my c-section i was i very little pain actually. i only needed the pain killers the next morning after having my son. my recovery was very good i suprisingly wasnt in pain. the nirses were so suprised i didnt need pain meds. my son was born on tues and i went home only 2 days later on thurs. usually your there for at least 3 days or more i guess i was a very fast healer hopefully you'll have the same luck. the only hard part once i got home was getting in and out of bed it didnt really hurt it was just awkward i guess. i felt fine with in a wk or 2
    kaszilynn

Answer by kaszilynn at 11:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• When I had a c-section 2 1/2 years ago I had to stay in the hospital for 5 days due to blood pressure issuesbut when I got to go home the first night I cooked dinner and cleaned my kitchen. Also I really didn't need any pain meds, Of course I did feel a little pain and I wasn't as fast as I normally would be but I wasn't in such terrible pain to where I couldn't do anything. The worst for me when I was in the hospital was trying to stand up from the bed and sit and stand at the toilet, that was the worst, when I first went to the bathroom it took me like 5min just to stand up when I was finished, but it only lasted a couple of days. Good luck, they aren't as bad as they seem.
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• When i had my c-section it took me about 7 1/2 weeks to recover because one of the staples was put in wrong and my incision started opening up. but its been almost a year since then i still get pain in my hips and right above and below the incision its a little numb. I hope you have beeter luck healing.
    osassysarah

Answer by osassysarah at 12:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Depends what you mean by recovered. The main pain part was pretty much over by 5 weeks or so but if I got kicked (by the baby) in my scar area it really hurt (still does but not nearly as bad.)

I also didn't start getting any feeling in the skin area around my incision for over a year and only around 16 to 18 months postpartum did I really feel like I had gotten most of the feeling back in that area.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009