What Happened To The No earmarks Promise?

This 410 billion dollar omnibus bill that has passed the house include just short of 9000 (yes that is thousand) earmarks. That is special projects supposedly for members constituants. Things like millions for research on swine odor, money for wild blueberry research and cloning of potatoes.
Obama clearly promised there would be no earmarks in his Presidency. Democrats are blaming this on the fact that it is a holdover bill from last summer. Which by the way they stalled because they knew they could get it in after the election.
There is no excuse for this and IMO Obama is a coward (as well as a liar)if he does not veto this bill. Whats your take?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hes a politician. You cant believe anything a politician says.

Answer by gemgem at 10:05 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/143492/Are_you_one_of_those_that_keeps_track_of_Obamas_promises
    Another little tidbit for you regarding his most recent Omnibus bill.
    As long as OBAMA is not calling them earmarks, then I guess we citizens are supposed to believe they are not an earmark. You know the whole definintion of " is" is.
    Obama's definition of earmark was not the same as everyone else's.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• What, you didn't drink the Kool-Aid Obama handed you??? This is absolutely ridiculous. Swine Odor study? Pigs stink!!! Ask a pig farmer and save the taxpayers millions of dollars. I am surprised that people are actually starting to come out of the Obama coma.......
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Unfortunately you wont get many answers from his people here. These questions are beneath them and they are "tired" of answering them.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Personally, I LOVE the earmark of $200,000 for gang tattoo removal. You can have Rosita removed from your left forearm but only if you admit to being a gangmember.
    You can have "born dead" removed from your forehead but only if you were an Arian Nation member in prison.
    Now, those other people who made mistakes as teenagers and have tattoos preventing them from getting interviews, they have to join a gang first to get their tattoo removed.
    Yah, I am all for that!!!!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• "Unfortunately you wont get many answers from his people here. These questions are beneath them and they are "tired" of answering them."

Actually, I didn't expect to get many lib answers but it isn't because they are tired of answering them. It's because they can't answer them sufficiently without looking foolish for making excuses for something that is inexcusable.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think I would find the left a little more credible if they didn't back everything he says and does so blindly! And before one gets on here and hit me with the "but when Bush was president" argument. I DID disagree with the man. I HATED that he signed the first pkg, among other things. But I don't believe he was a cause for a lot of the mess we are in!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yea, the republicans dont like earmarks unless its THEIR earmarks!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

Yeah, nobody ever asked for a line item veto before, this is a totally unheard of concept, this whole being against earmarks thing, until Obama invented it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:39 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Who believed it when he said there would be none? Took him all of a few days to fail on that one.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:43 AM on Mar. 2, 2009