My daughter will not leave my hair alone. Anyone else have this problem?

My 20 month old is obsessed with my hair. My husband cannot even get her to bed because he doesn't have enough hair. She loves to hold her sippy cup with one hand and my hair with the other. She likes to sleep with it in her hands and everything. It is driving me crazy because she is starting to pull-it. Does anyone else have a child that does this?

http://www.ILuvWhatIDo.com/

cstewart0402

Asked by cstewart0402 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My twins are 7, and they still play w/ my hair, LOL. I just tell my 1 year old not to pull, even when his eyes are closed. Try putting it up in a bun on the top of your head if it is long enough.

THe girls even play w/ my dad's hair, they make him look like JImmy Neutron. LOL, it is hilarious!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My 17mo. old plays with my hair while nursing and falling asleep too. Neither of my older 2 kids did this, so its new to me, but I know that its common.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have long hair, and my baby girl loves playing in it. So I got her a doll. I spent about six dollars for this doll...which was much better than having her tug, tangle, and traumatize my own hair, LOL Although sometimes I still let my little girl brush my hair, she's learned not to pull.
    LadyNicole

Answer by LadyNicole at 5:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yes mine does it all the time she tries to play with i think messes it up more than fixing it lol i just take it out of her hands everytime she does it she dont pull it as much anymore my mom said to pull her hair back but im scared it will hurt her
    111807mom

Answer by 111807mom at 8:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009