My neice just had a miscarriage, she was almost into her 2nd trimester, what are some encouraging words to say to her because it so sad they were trying for months to get pregnant.We are close.I have been looking up reasons of miscarriage.Shes went into a shell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just hug her and say you don't know why that horrible thing happened. Just be around if she wants you to be.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Sometimes there is nothing to say but go anyway. People who experience loss also experience al oss of friends because nobody knows what to say. Just go, sit, maybe deliver dinner. Tell her you don't know why these things happen, you know she is hurting and you are there for her. just listen, agree with her feelings, and keep calling and inviting her to get out of the house. Drag her to a movie or shopping. Help her create something to make a memory of the baby. A quilt or something so she won't be worried people will forget.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Oh my. I am sorry. Assure her, as her doctor must have already, that it is nothing that she did. Sometimes this happens. Hug her and let her know that you are there for her. See if she'll go out for lunch with you, or come to your place for lunch, or let you bring some take out for lunch to her place. Something to help restore normalcy to her life.

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am so sorry for your niece's loss, your loss. I had a friend who had several miscarriages and then still another one the day after she was told deep into her pregnancy that everything would be ok. I sent her a note, you could call or note, that I could take out garbage, walk the dog, field phone calls, sit in silence with her etc. Call her frequently or go over frequently, stay over just let her know that she is not alone in her pain. If she doesn't want company or answer the phone just leave voice mails or texts that you love her. Those three words mean alot. I'm so sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I know that the one thing that was said to me was "I can't imagine how you must feel since I have never been through it, but I feel sorry for you and if you need someone to talk to you can talk to me"
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Give her hope that she will get her hearts desire when everything is right it could have been a bigger problem than what god intends for her. She will hopefully grow stronger to get back into trying when the time is right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am sorry. Nothing at this moment will be comforting, you know? Just be there for her and let her know you are there for her, but don't be pushy about talking about her feelings.

Is this her first miscarriage? These things sometimes happen for no reason. It's not reassuring but sometimes there is an abnormality with the embryo/fetus that cause the miscarriage.

I feel really bad for her, but just be supportive. IF these are reoccurring you can always mention getting her progesterone lvls checked or blood work done for blood disorders such as Factor V or MTHFR. (i think that's what it is). There is also an herbal tincture called Welcome Womb, so you can always suggest that. Obviously none of this right now, but if she get's pregnant again!

Hugs to her though, it must be rough!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:26 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i'm sorry for her loss but in this time theres not much you can say! its a horrible feeling and no matter what you always blame it on yourself! if anything just tell her that baby will always be in her heart and to keep trying one day she will have her beautiful son or daughter in her arms and heart forever!
    Anonymous

• I JUST HAD ONE AND U REALLY CANT TELL HER ANY THING TO MAKE HER FEEL BETTER JUST LET HER KNOW THAT U ARE THER FOR HER AND THAT U LOVE AND CARE FOR HER
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 4:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2009