Would you allow your 17 year old daughter's boyfriend to spend the night and sleep in her bed with her?

She is 17, on birth control and works part time. Her boyfriend comes over and ends up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I didn't read every response, but I think I may be one of the few to have a different opinion on this. If you do not want him to stay over, and she knows it, then you need to address that, but I don't think a 17 year old having sex with her boyfriend is meant as a slap in the face or an act of disrespect to the parents. I remember being a 17 year old high school senior and parking under dangerous overpasses at unsafe hours to have sex with my boyfriend in his car. You can not stop them from having sex, so my advice would be to decide if you are ok with it in your house, or if you'd rather send her off to wherever and pretend like it's not happening.
    I should also add that my daughters are 20 months and 3 wks old and I know without even bringing it up that no matter what I may think, their father is NEVER going to let them have boys in their room.
    SashajoMomma

Answer by SashajoMomma at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't think it's a good idea...do his parent's know?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes, his mom knows he "accidentally" slept over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• First of all...if wouldn't let my daughter get herself into that position. She wouldn't be allowed alone in her room with her boyfriend. Just puts her in a bad position to make a bad choice. I would just talk to her and be honest and tell her he can't sleep here. If they are in the living room and fall alseep..you would be able to wake them up and say "Good Night". And get him on his way. To me falling asleep while watching a movie on the couch is better than in a closed bedroom. Good Luck!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It wouldn't happen.

Sorry but if you don't want "accidents" like that happening then you need to set a "boyfriend out of the house by" time.

My daughters boyfriends or boys period will not be allowed in their bedrooms ever anyway. If they wanna have sex, they're gonna have to find other, uncomfortable places, like I had to. No way will I let them have sex in the coziness of her bed in MY house.

Maybe you need to supervise better so that things like this don't happen. I highly doubt my husband would be able to sleep a wink knowing there was a boy in his daughter's room.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Ditto with you heavenschild99. I would NEVER let my daughter and her boyfriend alone in her room and CERTAINLY wouldn't go to sleep with him still there. I don't care if my kid is on birth controll, she isn't having sex in MY house. That is just completely unacceptable to me. And I would ENVER allow my daughter to sleep with her boyfriend. When she gets married to him is an appropriet time to allow them to share a bed.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Make it stop.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No I agree with the above posts
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If they're not almost done with high school, meaning in their senior year now - no I would not even if they've had sponsored over night class trips and gone on them. I have two kids in college and one in high school. I know your confusion and concern. No birth control is fool proof how many of us know that. Just firmly put gently send him on his way home at night and don't allow drinking in your home even if you're there. My oldest went off before hs gradua a month before with a batch of friends and it was hell in my heart to allow him to go off but he was so close to graduation and college that it was blind to refuse permission. We all know we can have sex whereever whenever but to ourselves put our kids in that place for it to most likely happen when they're definitely not about to leave home for college or to graduate hs and get a job is wrong I think. Since gradua. hs my son has brought home his gf.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Oh hell! to the no! I would not allow it,I have a 17 year old daughter also,she may have sex,I'm not a stupid parent,but they will not disrespect me and do it in my house,or they better hope I never find out.This is a common sense question.why would you even second guess this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 2, 2009