Stranger Anxiety

Did your baby have stranger anxiety around 6 months of age? My son has been pretty good with seeing people, however, the last two days my sister and sister-in-law and niece have come and as soon as they looked at him, he's start crying and burrow his head into my chest. He never did that before. And he sees them at least 2 times a month since he was born. He saw someone he never saw before the day before this started and as long as I was holding him, he was fine. Now all of a sudden, he's really upset. It it just a phase? Do they get out of it soon? I just feel bad for the little guy...=)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 6 month old dd is doing the same thing. Always loved people now she cries when she doesn't see somebody for a long time. I just take her around people more often and make it fun for her. I think they grow out of it. I hoe
    . Good luck!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My DD just turned 7 months yesterday and she just started doing the same thing this past week. I think its just b/c she's w/her ma ma all the time, since I'm a stay at home mom and she just wants to be with me. She's even becoming this way w/my DH.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• its a phase.. my DD is 7 months and scared of her Auntie Tanya- (my sister's aunt from the other side of her family). She's a bit more upset by it when she sees people in a different environment than the one she's used to seeing them in. For example, Tanya came to OUR house and she was terrified of her, screaming and crying and trying to get to mommy.. but we went to my sister's house that night and she was find seeing Tanya there..
    It's a stage.. they get through it when they realize that your not leaving them with these strange people and that mommy is still there.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yep but it only lasted about 2 weeks! He used to smile and laugh for everyone then all of a sudden he would just stare at them and then start to cry. Now he's back to his regular happy baby self. He even reaches out for people he's never met now. I've noticed though that he would usually only get upset when someone talked to him in that high pitched baby talk voice so I would have to tell people not to talk to him like that. He hates that lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yessssss ... my son just started doing this too. Hes about 6 1/2 months ... Im glad you posted this question! Its unsettling bc my son is usually pretty laid back ... but, not at the moment!
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2009